Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed



Note: With the current wait times for passports increasing, we recommend that constituents who need passport assistance from our office to contact us at least 30 days prior to the date of travel.

The National Passport Center is an arm of the U.S. Department of State. They are tasked with verifying citizenship and issuing passports to United States citizens who apply and pay a fee.

Occasionally, you may run into difficulties with your passport processing – whether it’s an emergency need for international travel, difficulty in determining the status of your application, or missing documents.

My office can help by inquiring into your passport application and working with the National Passport Center or one of the regional Passport Agencies to ensure you receive your passport.

Please note that the National Passport Center requires a Privacy Act Consent Form to be signed prior to providing our office with any information on the status of your passport. Please call my office at 517-780-9075 for more information; you may also directly fax or mail the signed form to my Jackson office:

Fax: (517) 780-9081

Congressman Tim Walberg

401 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49201

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Can I renew my passport by mail?

A: If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday and does not require a name change, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail. Please visit for further information.

If you are interested in applying for or renewing a passport at a local passport acceptance office, please bring a certified copy of your birth certificate, government-issued photo ID, two passport photos and your Social Security number. Applicants must be present.

Q: I have an emergency need to travel. Can I get my passport more quickly than the normal processing time?

A: There is an expediting process that is available for passports. Applicants are required to pay an extra fee. Please read the information available at​. You are also welcome to call my office for assistance with expediting your passport.

Q: I have not been able to determine the status of my current passport application by contacting the National Passport Center. Can you help?

A: Certainly – my office communicates actively with the National Passport Center and Regional Passport Agencies to determine passport application status for constituents. Please call my Jackson office for further information.