Doing Business in MI-07
Located in south central Michigan, MI-07 is known for both its manufacturing centers and agriculture. Keeping these sectors strong and connecting job seekers with employers remains a top priority of mine. As a service to my constituents, below is a list of resources for both businesses and job seekers to help them succeed in the 7th District. If you need any additional assistance or information, please contact my Jackson office at (517) 780-9075.
- State and Local Regulations: Step-by-step instructions for complying with state and local regulations when starting or running a business in MI-07.
- Federal Regulations: Guidance for complying with for federal business laws and regulations requirements as well as government programs that support growth and success of small businesses.
- Michigan Talent Connect: A direct path to reaching Michigan’s best job seekers. This site boasts an extensive database of job seekers to help businesses find the right employees for their company.
- U.S. Small Business Administration: United States Small Business Administration's website focuses on small and medium-sized business, though much of the information is applicable to businesses of all sizes.
- Michigan Labor Market Information: Reliable information on recent labor market trends, as well as a great source of information on Michigan & MI-07’s economic outlook.
- Local Chambers of Commerce: A non-governmental source of job information for employers. This link is a list of Chambers broken down by County in Michigan’s 7th District.
- Pure Michigan Job Portal: Easy to use site with hundreds of jobs in Michigan and the 7th District.
- Michigan Talent Bank: New job openings are posted regularly, and job seekers can post their resumes for prospective employers.
- MIJobs: This database represents available positions for those interested in working for the State of Michigan.
- Michigan Top 50 Jobs Report: This report highlights the best long-term careers currently in demand in Michigan.