Assistance For Veterans
The following information is for veterans. These links can provide you with useful information and will re-direct you to the Department of Veterans Affairs website. Please contact my Jackson office at 517-780-9075, or fill out my contact form for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
- What education benefits are available to me as a veteran?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- Can the VA help me get employment assistance or re-training?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- Can I make pre-need arrangements for burial or memorial benefits?
- I am a spouse or dependent of a veteran. What benefits are available for me?
Veterans’ facilities in and around the 7th District
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Jackson Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- Battle Creek VA Medical Center
- Lansing Community Based Outpatient Clinic
County Veterans' Services Offices in the 7th District
- Branch County Veterans' Services
- Eaton County Veterans' Services
- Hillsdale County Veterans' Services
- Jackson County Veterans' Services
- Lenawee County Veterans' Services
- Monroe County Veterans' Services
- Washtenaw County Veterans' Services
More information and help
Where can I get more information on Michigan benefits for veterans?
The Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency connects veterans with benefits counselors, local and state resources, and emergency assistance.
Where can I talk to a VA staff member about my claim?
The Detroit VA Regional Office is the Veterans Benefits Administration’s local office, with responsibility for deciding claims and appeals from Michigan veterans and a workload of claims from across the country.
Where can I get help getting my veterans benefits?
Please feel free to contact my Jackson office.
Veterans’ organizations (non-government)
The following is a list of veterans’ organizations that you may wish to contact to determine your eligibility or for assistance filing a benefits claim.*
- Disabled American Veterans
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Marine Corps League
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- The American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Vietnam Veterans of America
The full list of accredited Veterans’ Service Organizations (VSOs) is available at: https://www.benefits.va.gov/vso/index.asp.
*Please note that this list does not constitute an endorsement of these outside organizations