Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. As Americans, we are blessed to live in a nation with a strong foundation of freedoms and liberties enshrined in our Constitution, and we are forever grateful to the men and women in uniform who protect our way of life. As we reflect on our many blessings, may this Thanksgiving be a special time surrounded by those you love most.
A Pay Raise For Our Troops
The House recently passed a strong national defense bill to fund the military, support military families, give our troops their largest pay raise in eight years, and help keep the American people safe. Our nation asks so much of our men and women in uniform, and we owe it to them to ensure they have the necessary benefits, resources, and equipment to carry out their duties.
Tax Relief Passes the House
The tax code has been hurting our economy and families in Michigan for too long. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which passed the House last week, is geared towards giving middle-income families a break, increasing take-home pay, and putting more money in people’s pockets. A middle-income family of four in the 7th District who takes the new, larger standard deduction would see a tax cut of $2,107. You can find more detailed information about our plan at FairAndSimple.gop.
Growing Jobs in Michigan
This week, I had the opportunity to tour the Hi-Lex Controls expansion in Litchfield. The new facility is set to begin operations in 2018 and means more jobs and investment in Hillsdale County and the surrounding community.
Congratulations, Bronson Volleyball
It was a privilege to visit Bronson High School and recognize the volleyball team for capturing their third straight state championship. The Lady Vikings' outstanding teamwork and season have made their hometown proud.
News and Pictures
- Detroit News | GOP lawmakers tout tax overhaul plan at tool factory
- Jackson Cit Pat | Korean War MIA soldier's family finally presented with his medals
- Monroe News | Luna Pier pays tribute to veterans
- WTVB | Congressman Walberg at Bronson High
- Press Release | Walberg Named ‘Legislator of the Year’ By Motorcycle Riders Foundation
- Meeting with students from Dundee High School as part of their Close Up trip to DC
- Discussing ways to tackle opioid epidemic with the Monroe County Substance Abuse Coalition
- Visiting with workers and touring L.L. Johnson Lumber in Charlotte
- Meeting with superintendents from the Monroe County ISD to discuss ideas to strengthen K-12 education
- Touring the Litchfield Regional Training Center, which provides important skills-based educational opportunities