Combating human trafficking
Combating Human Trafficking
Human trafficking is a heinous form of modern-day slavery that knows no geographical boundary—it happens across the globe and right in our backyards. This week I introduced the Enhancing Detection of Human Trafficking Act, a bipartisan bill to strengthen federal efforts to recognize and respond to the signs of human trafficking. The House also passed a series of bills this week with my support to help protect vulnerable children from abuse and exploitation.
Improving Care for Veterans
We owe immeasurable gratitude to our nation’s veterans, and this week the House passed seven bipartisan bills that reflect a continued bipartisan commitment to the heroes who served our country. As we approach Memorial Day, and pay tribute to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, it is a fitting way to honor their memory and keep our promise to care for our nation’s veterans.
Coffee Hour in Branch County
Thank you to everyone who came out for my coffee hour this week in Coldwater. I've held them in every county in the 7th District so far this year, and I look forward to continuing to hear from you as I travel the district.
Recognizing Amanda Coy from Saline
It was a privilege to present the U.S. Congressional Silver Medal in Public Service to Amanda Coy from Saline High School and celebrate her hard work to better herself and the community. To receive this medal, Amanda spent hundreds of hours serving the community, doing volunteer work, and meeting personal development goals. Thank you to Superintendent Scot Graden and Principal David Raft for joining me in recognizing Amanda's incredible accomplishment.
Job Fair in Jackson
On Tuesday, May 30, I will be hosting my 7th Annual Job Fair in Jackson to help connect job seekers with employment opportunities. Local employers and organizations will be on hand to talk about their available job opportunities and accept resumes. Click here for more details.
News and Pictures
- WLNS | Addressing addiction crisis crosses party lines in Washington DC
- WLNS | Michigan lawmakers band together to protect Great Lakes
- Monroe News | Walberg resolution signed by Trump
- The Saline Post | Saline Junior Amanda Coy Receives U.S. Congressional Silver Medal for Public Service
- VIDEO | Walberg: Strengthen Support for Missing and Exploited Children
- Meeting with ABATE of Michigan members to discuss motorcycle issues
- Speaking to WIRES about the importance of modernizing the electric grid for the 21st century
- Touring the Branch Area Careers Center to discuss career and technical education
- Presenting a Congressional Record to Connie Winter to honor the memory of her husband, fallen Branch County Sheriff Posse Deputy Michael Winter