Across the District
Coffee Hours Across the District
Thank you to everyone who came out for my coffee hours in Summit Township, Delta Township, Dundee, Dexter, and Hudson. I've held them in every county in the 7th District so far this year, and I look forward to continuing to hear from you as I travel the district.
Growing Jobs in Michigan
It was exciting to be in Coldwater recently for the grand opening of the Clemens Food Group plant. This new facility will bring more than 800 jobs to Branch County and the surrounding area.
Strengthening Career and Technical Education
There are many pathways to a rewarding career, and we need to encourage diverse options beyond a four-year degree. This week I toured the Southern Michigan Center For Science and Industry in Hudson to see their skills-focused educational programs.
Honoring our Veterans
It was a true privilege to be at the Monroe County Fair to present Vietnam veterans with their 50th anniversary pins. We are forever indebted to those who answered America’s call to service, and this tribute is long overdue.
Protecting the Great Lakes
After months of delays and calls for action, the Army Corps of Engineers finally released the Brandon Road Study, which provides an assessment of how best to prevent Asian carp from entering the Great Lakes. Now that this report and its recommendations are public, it’s time to take this positive momentum and push forward long-term solutions to stop Asian carp from damaging the Great Lakes.
News and Pictures
- Jackson Cit Pat op-ed | Making progress on the people's priorities
- WTVB | Gov. Snyder, Stabenow, Walberg attend Clemens ribbon cutting
- Farmers' Advance | Clemens processing plant hosts grand opening
- Fox 47 | Walberg: Stop Asian Carp from Damaging Great Lakes
- Detroit News | Mich. senators let Trump appeals judge choice advance
- Touring Magna’s DexSys plant in Delta Township to see its expanded manufacturing facility
- Discussing higher education issues with college and university presidents from Michigan
- Meeting with Superintendent Julie Everly of Monroe Public Schools
- Speaking at the Rotary Club of Monroe to provide a legislative update
- Visiting the Monroe Family YMCA to get an update on their work in the community