Assistance For Veterans

Return to Constituent Services

The following information is for veterans.  These links can provide you with useful information and will re-direct you to the Department of Veterans Affairs website. Please contact my Jackson office at 517-780-9075, or fill our my Contact Form for assistance with any questions or problems you may have. 

- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?

- How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?

- How can I get education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill?

- How can I get medical benefits?

- How can I get information on suicide prevention?

- How can I get a home loan?

- How can I get life insurance?

- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?

- How can I get survivor benefits?

- How can I get a copy of my military records?

- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?

Veterans’ facilities in and around the 7th District
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Jackson Community Based Outpatient Clinic
Lansing Community Based Outpatient Clinic

County Veterans' Services Offices in the 7th District
- Branch County Veterans' Services
Eaton County Veterans' Services
Hillsdale County Veterans' Services
- Jackson County Veterans' Services
- Lenawee County Veterans' Services
- Monroe County Veterans' Services
- Washtenaw County Veterans' Services

Veterans in Partnership (VIP) Network is a regional system of ten medical centers and 58 operating Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in a catchment area that spans Michigan, Ohio/Northern Kentucky and Indiana. VISN 10: Veterans In Partnership:

The Detroit VA Regional Office is the Veterans Benefits Administration’s local office, with responsibility for deciding claims and appeals from Michigan Veterans and a workload of claims from across the country. Detroit VARO

More information and help
- Where can I get more information on Federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on Michigan benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get help getting my veterans benefits?  Please feel free to contact my Jackson office.

Veterans’ organizations (non-government)
The following is a list of outside veterans’ organizations that you may wish to contact to determine your eligibility.*
- Disabled American Veterans
- The American Legion
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Paralyzed Veterans of America

*Please note that this list does not constitute an endorsement of these outside organizations